These links will help your workplace maintain quality and safety during COVID19:
- Cognitive impairment and COVID 19 – from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare
- Australian Department of Health Coronavirus alerts
These helpful industry links will connect you to the most up-to-date resources and information:
- International Centre for Allied Health Evidence checklist for reviewing guidelines
- Clinical Excellence Commission – the lead agency supporting safety improvement in the NSW Health system
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care – The Commission leads and coordinates key improvements in safety and quality in health care across Australia.
- Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) – The ACHS offers accreditation services, standards development, clinical indicators, consultancy, customised reporting and education services.
- Australian Department of Health and Ageing
- Australian Healthcare & Hospitals Association (AHHA) – Australia’s national peak body for public and not-for-profit hospitals and healthcare providers.
- Australian Private Hospitals Association (APHA)
Current job vacancies in Australia
National Diabetes Services Scheme – Quality Coordinator
Diabetes Australia is the national peak body for people affected by all types of diabetes and those at risk. Diabetes Australia is committed to reducing the impact of diabetes. We work in partnership with diabetes health professionals and educators, researchers and healthcare providers to minimise the impact of diabetes on the Australian community.
Diabetes Australia is now seeking a part time Quality Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and improving an effective and efficient quality management system for Diabetes Australia’s delivery of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS). The NDSS is an Initiative of the Australia Government administered by Diabetes Australia. Diabetes Australia has managed the delivery of the NDSS in partnership with successive Australian Governments since its inception in 1987.
The Quality Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring compliance with NDSS contractual arrangements as directed by the Commonwealth, by conforming with the requirements for maintaining certification to the ISO 9001 standard.
This is a new part-time position with negotiable hours between 22.5 and 30 hours per week to be contracted until 30 June 2021 with the possibility of extension. The position is located in our Canberra office.
Our Quality Coordinator must have an excellent working knowledge of standards, frameworks and an understanding of the supporting legislation for Quality, Compliance, Risk Management and Work Health and Safety, as well as qualifications in Quality Systems and/or risk management and/or training in ISO quality auditing. The successful candidate should also have experience in leading preparation for or supporting maintenance of ISO 9001 certification including undertaking audits.
If you would like more information about the opportunity to work with us, please email email@example.com to request a copy of the position description for the Quality Coordinator. Applications close Monday 17 August 2020.